Thursday, October 8, 2009

These five words I swear to you: Jon Bon Jovi can't count

I'd like to point out that "I'll be, therefor, you." is only 4 words. Count 'em, 4.

If you want 5 you have to count the contraction as 2 words, which ain't write. And if you do that it doesn't fit with the melody anymore at all, "I will be, therefore you."

And neither of them are philosophically sound statements anyhow, just because you exist doesn't mean I will. Its the fact that you might exists that necessitates that I might exist; not the other way around. Go back to Philosophy 101 Jon, you need it.

Sincerely,

I Think Therefore I Blog

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Kyle. This Jon Bon Jovi song, which I believe is actually titled "I.L.B. They're for you." is not 5 words -- no matter how you unfold it. I would even argue that it is a false statement. Introverted Lascivious Bozos are self-serving perverts--they're not for you nor are they against you. They're nowhere around you (if you're lucky).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn you for making me post about a JBJ song, which I normally would never do.

    I believe the correct lyrics are "I'll be there for you." Not I'll be therefore you. That doesn't make any sense. Maybe you want to check that out on the web someplace, I'm sure they have the correct lyrics to all of JBJ crappy songs.

    You both own me a beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a joke, cause the original post was, obviously, a joke.

    Also, you don't even know Kevin.

    Also, you wrote, "You both OWN me a beer."

    Also, if you want beer I am here, (Milwaukee).

    ReplyDelete